I was told at my last appoinment that I have low fluid surrounding the baby. I was told that it was on the low side of normal and that I shouldn’t worry. That phrase does not work on me – i’ve heard it in each pregnancy. I called my doctor back and after speaking to her I felt better. I asked her if I could be hospitalized and she laughed in a sympathetic way. I asked her if I can have the baby at 37 weeks (instead of 39) on the condition of a successful amnio that showed Ziggy’s lungs are mature. She asked why would we do that? I told her because of my low levels, to which she emphasized that they were on the low side of normal.
Perhaps if I had asked to be committed she would have agreed to it.
“I’m almost 35 weeks…I don’t want anything to go wrong. You understand, right?”
“I understand completely and that’s why we are having you come in twice a week and if we see anything that concerns us we have options – including an earlier delivery”.
So I wait…and wait…