I suck. Now that I got that out of the way, I should really thank the lovely Ste for this post in which she honored me with the Pink Rose Award back in May!!! (I know, I know, i’m quite tardy!) At the time I was about two weeks out from Daniella’s loss and just trying to function, and I couldn’t really appreciate it at the time, as I do now. But I’d like to thank Ste for thinking me worthy of it. The struggle she and her husband fought to save their twin boys reminded me of my struggle with trying to save Daniella, her words and sentiments really echoed my own and I found myself returning to her blog often.
As taken from the Pink Rose Award site: “Give the Pink Rose Award to those who inspire you or need to be inspired, to those who have encouraged you or those who need encouragement.”
At this time I would like to give the Pink Rose Award to the following:
Becky and Windy for having the courage to try again with the aid of a Transabdomincal Cerclage (TAC). Becky has recently taken a real live baby home-Lily-thanks to the TAC that was placed while pregnant. Windy had the TAC placed prepregnancy and is courageouly TTC now. They both inspire me to try again with the aid of the TAC despite two devastating losses each.
I’d also like to give the Pink Rose Award to Monica and Luna. Their writings have the ability to make me feel less alone and pefectly understood in the current nightmare that is my life. But i’d also wish to encourage them to keep on trucking on as Monica is working to come to a TTC agreement with her husband Mr. H; and Luna and the Amazing M are currently working on adoption.
Here’s what to do:
1. On your blog, copy and paste the award, these rules, a link back to the person who selected you, and a link to this post: http://smartone.typepad.com/smartone/2008/05/pink-is-my-favo.html. You will find the story behind the Pink Rose Award and other graphics to choose from there.
2. Select as many award recipients as you would like, link to their blogs (if they have one), and explain why you have chosen them.
3. Let them know that you have selected them for an award by commenting on one of their posts.
4. If you are selected, pass it on by giving the Pink Rose Award to others.
5. If you find that someone you want to nominate has already been selected by someone else, you can still honor them by posting a comment on their award post stating your reasons for wishing to grant them the award.
6. You do not have to wait until someone nominates you to nominate someone else.